It’s time to skyrocket your business to its full potential in 2023.
There are plenty of opportunities to attract new customers. Building a digital marketing strategy and optimizing your production cycle can help. It just takes a little research and careful planning.
When your business needs exponential results for growth, it pays to work smarter.
In this article, we’ll go over five tips to building a successful digital marketing strategy for your business.
Five Tips for Building a Successful Digital Marketing Strategy in 2023…
- Focus on Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Build a Strong Social Media Presence
- Prioritize Accessible Digital Design
- Set A Budget For Your Digital Marketing Strategy in 2023
- Production Optimization To Keep Up With The Demand
Focus on Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
So you’ve got a well-designed and good performing website… but is it easy for customers to find? Does it outrank your competitors?
The more visible your website is, the more likely you can sell your products.
What you can do to improve your site’s organic traffic
- Start a blog. The more content you publish, the more opportunities you have for Google to index your pages. Focus on answering common questions your customers have – these are “long-tail” keywords. Answering them help establish your site’s authority.
- Publish videos on your site. Google rewards sites that have high visitor engagement. If people stay on your site longer, Google’s algorithms give your site a boost. Videos not only keep people on your site longer, but they also showcase your products and inform your customers.
- Track your organic performance on Google Search Console. Data is everything in digital marketing – be sure to monitor your SEO performance on Google’s FREE tool. See what keywords get clicks for your site and see where your pages rank on Google’s SERP.
Improve your site’s local SEO with Google Business Profile
Your business has the flexibility to ship around the globe. But what about customers close to your store?
If you want to offer on-demand printing, same-day services, or even have customers drop off items they want custom embroidered or screen printed on, then being found locally can give you an advantage. That’s where local SEO comes into play.
According to one of the world’s leading email distribution services, Mailchimp, Local SEO is a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that helps your business be more visible in local search results on Google. Businesses that have a physical location and want to target people from a specific area can make use of this feature and optimize their local SEO to help them become more visible to their audience.
Optimize Your Google Maps Rating and Reviews
Digital consumer behavior shows that if someone finds your business on Google Maps with their phone, they’re likely a potential customer.
In 2019, 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either called or visited the business within 24 hours. That means if you can get a potential customer to see your online store on Google Maps, there’s a very good chance to make a sale.
Build a Strong Social Media Presence
Social media marketing (SMM) is a channel to potentially reach more potential customers and get to interact with your brand. If you haven’t got on the social media band wagon yet, there’s no better time to start.
As per the Digital 2022 Global Overview Report more internet users aged 16 to 64 visit social networks than search engines on a monthly basis. According to Lauren Cover at Sprout Social, 78% of consumers are willing to buy from a company after having a positive experience with them on social. There is a massive opportunity to grow your company’s revenue by investing onto the US social commerce market this year, which is set to grow to $53.1 billion in 2023.
Trust is the main barrier when it comes to developing a sound social presence. Follow these tips to help you stand out from your competitors:
- Transparency is key. Disclosing information related to your production process, team, company ethos, etc. helps customers know that you’re a genuine business.
- Reduce the payment trust gap. As per Hootsuite’s report of social media trends in 2023 customers should be kept informed throughout their journeys on the status of their purchases in order to turn skeptical shoppers into buyers..
- Find a social platform that fits your niche. Different types of content work better on different platforms, so play around and test different posts to understand what your customers engage with.
- Stay up to date with what type of content the platform favors. Each social platform favors a specific content type when promoting it organically. Look to optimize your content by staying up to date with platform updates to optimize content coverage.
- SEO in social media. Social SEO is the practice of including relevant information and keywords in your posts (in captions, alt-text, subtitles, and closed captions) to increase the chances of having your content surfaced to users browsing social media. If your content is focused on YouTube then take a minute to understand how it is perceived by users with a SEO analysis.
- Tell the story of how your products are made. People love a behind-the-scenes look at how things are made. Videos showing how products go from supplies to the final item are very popular.
- Show happy customers using your products. A celebratory post with someone using your product could get more organic impressions than just showcasing your new product.
- Encourage participation with customers. As posts get more engagement, they’ll raise the visibility of your brand. Use polls, CGU images, surveys, or hold a sweepstake contest to make your content more exciting.
Some popular hashtags to consider for your next post:
- #smallbusiness – 2.9M people are posting about this
- #shoplocal – 2.3M people are posting about this
- #screenprinting – 87K people are posting about this
- #embroiderydesign – 73K people are posting about this
- #CustomApparel – 24K people are posting about this
- #modernembroidery – 13K people are posting about this
Prioritize Accessibility in Your Website’s Design
26% of adults in the US live with a disability so it’s important to be mindful of how your website design is perceived by everyone. It makes a strong impact how your information is displayed. When accessibility is prioritized, people with mobility, cognition, hearing, and vision impairments are better able to perceive, understand, navigate, and be full participants in our digital world.
In 2023, it’s important to make more of an effort to optimize digital design and accessibility. As Graphic Pro states, this can done by:
- Visual Representation- race, gender, and orientation diversity
- Typography- font size, subtitles in videos, clear concise copy etc.
High Contrast Visuals
This also leads into having a digitally optimized website. Having a mobile responsive website means your customers can buy your products on their small device screens. Case studies show that accessible websites have better search results, reduced maintenance costs, and increased audience reach, among other benefits. For example, if your site doesn’t load fast enough, its font text is hard to read (too big or too small), or images of your products don’t fit on the screen, you can frustrate your shoppers and lose their business.
Use this resource to test the accessibility of your website.
Set A Budget For Your Digital Marketing Strategy in 2023
It’s important for you to account for these expenses as a fixed cost on your balance sheets in 2023.
Chris Beecher, The Whole Brain Group, explains the importance of setting a budget that gets results. He suggests setting a yearly budget anywhere from 3%-5% of your top-line revenue.
If you plan to grow by 20%, but only want to invest enough in marketing to get new business cards for everyone in your company, you’re probably going to be disappointed with the results of your investment!
Disperse that budget consistently throughout the 12 months. Over time, carefully monitor your dollars spent and check whether your budget produced more sales, new leads, and long-term customers.
Remember, the investment is a constant cycle so don’t forget to test, assess and re-address. This will help you reallocate your digital marketing budgets for the following year.
Bonus Tip: Invest In Digital Ads
If you have a budget for online advertising, Google Ads has a comprehensive suite of tools to maximize to help you target customers searching for your products.
With a pay-per-click (PPC) strategy, you can convert high-quality leads by displaying ads that appear when potential customers search for your products. Your ads will display based on the parameters you set. You can target customers by the words they search for on Google, their geographic location, age, and even the device they use.
Extra tip: Be sure to compare your PPC performance against a benchmark. According to WordStream, the average click-through rate for the apparel industry was 6.19% in 2021.
Production Optimizations or Upgrade To Keep Up With The Demand
With an increase in traffic comes an increase in demand. You need to be able to answer more calls and fulfil more orders. Ensure that your production line is upgraded to reach its full potential by upgrading your manufacturing equipment. Beacon Funding provides the flexibility to upgrade to newer equipment models before financing terms are over.
If you choose, you can exit your current contract and replace it with a larger, newer transaction. Afterwards, Beacon Funding will forego all the remaining financing charges on the first contract and honor the terms of the new agreement.
Oftentimes, when talking to businesses about upgrading payoffs, they’re hoping to payoff, sell, or trade-in their older equipment. This allows them to upgrade their equipment midstream with no additional financing charges and grow their business without taking on 2 monthly payments. Watch the video, or dive deeper into the article, to discover how upgrading your equipment is possible with an equipment financing program that fits your needs!